However, the study also found the following drawbacks from a customer's point-of-view:
- not integrated enough with all my shopping (27.8%),
- not fast enough to use regularly (26.9%),
- not reliable enough to use regularly (21.6%),
- time consuming to learn (20.1%),
- ultimately, 65.5% of users expected the apps to go “mainstream” in five years or less, with some users (39.6%) indicating that will happen as early as in one-or-two years.
Increasingly prevalent in-store internet access and availability of high-speed internet access in many homes will facilitate the increased ease of AR app use in the retail industry.