The 13.5- x 13.5-mm module contains a MEMS accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer, pressure sensor, and a MEMS microphone — all from STMicroelectronics. The small size and powerful design make the nMode™ module as a standalone node ideal for products such as wearables, gaming accessories, and smart-home or Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices.
Samtec has collaborated with ST to position the nMode™ wireless sensor module as an FCC-certified production version of ST’s SensorTile development kit. The Samtec module leverages standard ICs and, like the SensorTile, it’s compatible with the STM32 ecosystem through STM32Cube support.
Main features of nMode™ Wireless Sensor Module core system include:
- STM32L476 ultra-low-power with FPU ARM Cortex-M4 MCU with Floating Point Unit;
- BlueNRG-MS Bluetooth® low energy network processor;
- BALF-NRG-01D3 integrated balun filter;
- LSM6DSM 3D accelerometer + 3D gyroscope;
- LSM303AGR 3D magnetometer + 3D accelerometer;
- LPS22HB water and dust-resistant pressure sensor/barometer;
- MP34DT04 digital MEMS microphone;
- and LD39115J18R low quiescent, current low noise LDO.
Leveraging its patented Glass Core Technology™, Samtec plans to release even smaller versions of the nMode™ wireless sensor module and a growing portfolio of standard nMode™ modules throughout 2017.