Powered by Vayyar's high-resolution integrated RF transceiver technology and radar IP, the VTRIG-74 mmWave imaging and sensing development kit is designed to enable researchers and application developers to explore and rapidly develop mmWave imaging and sensing applications without the cost and overhead of building their own bespoke hardware. Potential applications include industrial IoT, robotics, smart homes, motion and obstacle detection, vehicular operator and passenger detection, medical patient monitoring, and many more.
"Our partnership with Vayyar began with a shared mission to provide innovative, hands-on learning tools to university students and educators in the RF/microwave field," says Mini-Circuits President, Ted Heil. "The VTRIG-74 builds on that effort to put Vayyar's extraordinary radar technology into the hands of researchers working to develop the next generation of imaging and sensing applications."
The kit comprises Vayyar's high-performance transceiver chip with the entire mmWave front-end and analog baseband signal chain for up to 40 antennas. Key features of the kit include the following:
- Out-of-the-box ready mmWave transceiver module for 4D imaging and sensing application development;
- 20 transmit by 20 receive integrated antenna array for high-resolution 4D imaging;
- Flexible operation anywhere within the 62 to 69-GHz band;
- Real-time data processing of transmit and receive pair phasors for each swept frequency point;
- Pre-configured profiles to adjust receiver resolution and imaging processing time;
- Complete API for Python and Matlab.
The VTRIG-74 4D mmWave imaging and sensing development kit is available from the Mini-Circuits website, with significant discounts for university students, educators, and researchers.