The JEDI-200 GNSS module is specially designed for IoT applications such as pet and personal object tracking, livestock tracking, fixed and nomadic logistics, infrastructure tracking, and shared economy. Its reduced level of power consumption and optimized efficiency with low power wide area networks (LPWANs), says the company, solve IoT endpoint deployment's pain-point of needing frequent recharges or a large battery.
"[The] JEDI-200 is a breakthrough in the IoT asset and personnel tracking application domain," says Lucy Fan, VP of Marketing and Sales at Kolmostar. "With its industry lowest cold boot energy consumption and shortest TTFF (time to first fix), JEDI-200 is well suited for battery-powered IoT applications which have stringent requirements on product size, weight, response time, battery life and GPS reporting frequency."
"We have seen unparalleled advantages of the JEDI-200, enabling unique features and use cases which cannot be achieved before with traditional GNSS solutions." says Fan. "With the latest developments in cellular and non-cellular Low Power Wide Area Network (LPWAN) technologies, such as NB-IoT, LTE-M, LoRaWAN and Sigfox, JEDI-200 is well positioned to enable more rapid deployment of IoT asset tracking use cases for our customers worldwide."
Key JEDI-200 specifications include:
- Industry lowest energy consumption of 25 mJ/position fix;
- Shortest cold-boot TTFF of 1 second;
- 5.0 meter CEP positioning accuracy;
- Supports GPS and BeiDou constellations;
- 50 Byte/12-hour compressed ephemeris (EPH) for speedy download, enabling A-GPS via LPWAN while significantly reducing EPH download power consumption overhead;
- High-performance cloud computing for minimum end device power consumption and seamless integration with customers' backend data analytics platforms and dashboard applications;
- Integrated SAW filter, stand-alone LNA and TCXO;
- 12 mm x 16 mm standard form factor for easy wireless connectivity integration.