The new MWCT series is enabled by a NXP’s unique hybrid DSC core with dedicated peripherals that allow the 2 Qi protocols to run in parallel in a single MWCT controller. New patented technologies, such as Clean EMC (CEMC), provide breakthroughs in electromagnetic compatibility performance, which is required for CISPR 25 Class 5 in 15-W systems. These innovations allow OEMs to cut the overall system bill of materials.
The NXP MWCT controller family provides car makers with a production-ready solution that is easy to implement through readily available software and hardware design files.
Key features of the multi-device 15-W wireless charging systems include:
- NXP MWCT2xx3A: 15-W wireless charging transmitter ICs for automotive applications;
- Multi-coil supported per channel for expansion of charging area;
- Hardware and software solution with NXP’s Qi library powers millions of Qi certified in-vehicle chargers in the field;
- Simultaneous multiple Qi device charging, charges up to two 15-W devices with only one MWCT controller;
- NXP possess vast experience with millions of Qi 1.2.4 certified in-vehicle chargers powered by NXP’s software;
- Future Qi spec is release ready and includes automotive grade security to fulfill upcoming requirements;
- Patented Clean EMC (CEMC) signal processing for CISPR 25 Class 5;
- Enhanced safety performance via unique Foreign Object Detection (FOD) methods;
- Production ready hardware design files and available software.