The platform will incorporate the Peraso W130 802.11ad, 16-element phased array chipset. In addition to increased capacity, the 60 GHz band brings greenfield spectrum that is virtually interference free, in contrast to the existing 2.4/5 GHz bands, which have become saturated, and do not provide a reliable channel of communication. The paltform will be demonstarted at CES 2019.
"The introduction of the EVK-W130-AP4 networking platform ushers in a new era of performance and reliability in the residential networking market", explains Bill McLean, President and CEO of Peraso. "For example, in China, our access point customers are telling us that the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands are fundamentally saturated. Customers are looking for an alternative solution."
As a premier vendor of 802.11ad complaint silicon, Peraso brings a host of advantages to the networking market:
- Chipset selected for Wi-Fi CERTIFIED WiGig® Compliance Test Bed R2;
- Providing the highest performance wireless links at 3 Gb/, with multiple links combined to allow 10 Gb/s over a SFP+ Ethernet module;
- The only WiGig vendor who provides a WHCL-certified USB 3.0 dongle for support of legacy networking devices;
- Networking products provide the longest range in the market, with links up to 25m;
- Support for 16 clients currently, with a roadmap to 50 clients in 2019;
- Advanced software features include roaming, fast session transfer (FST), multi-hop bridge support and AP-AP communication.