The SiT9501 delivers uncompromising performance for 100G to 800G optical modules. With the its smaller size, customers get up to 50% space savings to integrate more features and reduce development time. The MEMS oscillator is ideal for other high-performance applications, including datacenter switches, telecom routers, edge servers, AI/graphics cards, and storage controllers.
“Over the past 15 years, SiTime has developed and shipped two generations of MEMS resonators that are used in all our oscillator shipments to date. Our third generation MEMS is now ready and delivers up to 7 times better phase noise at half the power,” said Rajesh Vashist, CEO of SiTime. “The SiT9501 is the first of many products to use this technology and continues our tradition of delivering dramatic performance enhancements in every product generation. In space constrained applications such as optical modules, the SiT9501 delivers an unmatched combination of higher performance and smaller size.”
Key features of the SiT9501 include:
- Popular networking frequencies from 25 MHz to 644.53125 MHz;
- 70 femtoseconds of RMS phase jitter;
- 2.0- x 1.6-mm package, the industry’s smallest, but also available in other industry standard packages;
- Wide temperature range, from -40 to +105°C;
- On-chip voltage regulators to filter power-supply noise, enhancing power integrity for module designs;
- Innovative FlexSwing™ driver that reduces power consumption by 30% and integrates source-bias LVPECL resistors.